Resolved
1.4
Turnaround Time
Poster decreased review rating.

Update by user Sep 07

After a two and a half month battle with this company I finally received my full refund.From my order date, which was June 21, 2017 until Sept.

6, 2017, this transaction has been one horrible experience.

It took uncounted hours of my time, emailing this company, to get any satisfaction.Now, as of today, I can move on and put this behind me.

Update by user Aug 21

I failed to mention that the first kayak was damaged. The second one was defective.

Update by user Aug 21

Well, it is now August 21,2017.The company promised a full refund and that both kayaks would be returned, at their expense.

But, both kayaks are still being stored, in our barn. The company has failed to arrange return shipping.

I emailed them, on August 9th and as yet have not received a response since that date.I am still waiting for this to be resolved.

Original review posted by user Aug 07

I bought a Driftsun 2-person clear kayak.The first time used, the bolt that holds the inside aluminum rail in place came loose.

It sat on my legs, in the middle of the lake. My husband, after we arrived home, tried to tighten it but the bolt is to short. It is defective. As the second person sits in this kayak their feet get caught in the front seat straps.

If one person uses it the rail is in the way. There is an ugly long skag, in the back, not shown in the photos. A skag is a sure sign of a poorly designed kayak/canoe. There are two holes drilled, front and back for the ropes that hold the floatation bags.

Expect to get very wet. The paddles drip water all over everything and a person sits to far down to paddle comfortably.

I have asked for it to be returned and to get a full refund.I have canoed most of my life and this one takes the cake for being unsafe!

Review about: Driftsun Kayak.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Had an Experience with Driftsun?

Comments

Well, it is September 6, 2017 and I finally received my full refund, as of today.The issue has been ongoing since June 22, 2017.

It was a battle getting this refund and it was a battle getting the return shipping order from the company. After three customer service people working with me, I was transferred to a fourth woman who fully understood the situation and did something about it.

The first three customer service reps. were not professional, compliant or understanding.

To total up this situation, it has been the worst experience I have had.

I will never purchase from this company again, nor would I recommend them.